As a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) and Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT), I provide specific support for sexual and pornography addicts and hurting spouses. I work with addicts and partners, as well as couples in recovery
If you or someone you love is struggling with sex or pornography addiction, sexual anorexia, love addiction or love avoidance, as well as secrets that accompany these struggles, it is hurting you and your relationship. I understand the pain, hopelessness, and despair that you may be experiencing. There is hope . . .
If you are struggling with an addiction or are the betrayed partner of a sex addict, you may need support and assistance to move forward in your life and relationship. You and I can work together to help move you out of anxiety, trauma, addiction, hurt and shame toward a more balanced and joyful life.
What is Sex Addiction?
Sex addiction is also known as “sexual compulsion” or “hypersexuality” and is a preoccupation with sex, often involving the obsessive pursuit of non-intimate sexual encounters (pornography, compulsive masturbation, affairs, casual sex, anonymous sex, prostitutes, etc.).
Some Signs of Sex Addiction/Compulsivity.
- Unable to complete tasks due to excessive preoccupation about sex
- Lying to family, friends and co-workers
- Spending 2-4 hours cruising the internet, parks or streets
- Having rituals or ritualized behavior
- Search for a bigger or better high
- Downloading porn at work
- Masturbating or having sex in public
- Feeling tired or low energy from acting out
- Feeling shame and guilt after sexual act
- Sexualizing conversations
- Fantasizing and sexualizing others
- Masturbating to the point of injury